Monday, October 26, 2009

In heaven for two days!

Just came back from attending the Stitches East convention in Hartford, CT....was so GLAD to have it within driving distance which could've turned out to be both good & bad! Good because a friend of mine & I were able to drive......Bad because we didn't have to worry about how we were going to get our "purchases" home!

We took two classes that were both informative & enjoyable! Now I just need to remember what I was taught and I'll be in business...we took a class on cast-ons which was very enlightening. It definitely helps to SEE how to do something and not just try to follow a diagram in a book. Our second class was on the "joy of finishing" since we all know how much we LOVE to do all the finishing work involved so the finished piece actually ends up looking like something you would wear!

We met some very nice fellow knitters and it was a pleasure to be somewhere where everyone was knitting and no one was looking at you like you had three heads! KIP was definitely in full force! :) Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and accommodations were excellent.

Now on to the really fun part.....the market! I spent an ungodly amount of money and was on full fiber overload by the time we left there at the end of the second day. I purchased things I've always wanted but never wanted to spend the money. Somehow being at the convention gave me the OK to forge ahead! And forge I did! I bought the Addi Clicks that I can't wait to try and a swift & ball winder since lately my purchases are all unwound skeins---and, of course, YARN, YARN and more YARN!

There's something about a knitter and the fact that we collect a stash and store it away like a squirrel! :) I do plan on actually making the sweaters that I bought the yarn for......now I can't wait until next year to do it all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment