Thursday, July 2, 2009

Is Summer Here Yet?

Another dreary morning in Connecticut. It seems as though the weather gods don't like southern New England this year! It has been raining since April and there doesn't seem to be any letup anytime soon.....caught in a weather pattern is how they describe it.

So now July 4th is 2 days away and usually when I start getting sick of the heat, but not this year......it doesn't even seem like it should BE the 4th of July....not even in the fireworks mood yet!

But what I have been in the mood to do is knit like I haven't done in a long time....with rainy dreary weather comes the urge to sit and knit and watch TV. There's something to be said for an "indoors" hobby! I chose easy summer sweaters and so was able to finish relatively quickly....so quickly in fact that my husband (seeing me working on a sweater of a different color from the one the day before) said, "That's not the same sweater you were working on yesterday..." to which I gleefully replied, "nope--finished that one and it's on my blocking board; this is a different one!"

He looked at me in disbelief.....

So I will leave now to go finish the second sweater and pray for sunshine tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment